Tuesday 5 May 2009

A busy week

I had last week off work, with the aim to sort out our utility room, and to have a bloody good go at tidying up the garden.
Well the utility room was stripped out and painted. Then the floor was laid. This consisted of putting down a thin layer of mdf first, and then some industrial lino I had acquired from a local hospital that I work at ;)
We then bought a nice double cupboard unit to go next to the fridge freezer, and I cut a length of work surface to go on top of this. Luckily the other bit left is exactly the right size to go over the washing machine on the other side, but this is yet to be done.
I then installed an outside tap, and had dad around the help shorten a water pipe. I'd happily do that myself now, but many thanks super dad :)

Down the bottom of our garden was a huge pile of old bricks, breeze blocks, stones and broken paving slabs that I had removed from out parts of the garden. There was also the rotting remains of an old washing line pole, and various dead bits of bush that I had cut away a few weeks back. This was all bagged up and taken to the dump.
Its now looking a lot clearer now, and Phillipa and I spent a good few hours pulling up weeds, baby sycamore trees and general garden rubbish ready to put down a cloth sheeting, and then covering this in plum slating. I shall take some pictures later and post them up.

I also picked up a few vegetable plants at the local bootfair for mere pennys, so the vegetable patch now has Beetroot, Brussel sprouts and Broccoli planted.
Oh, and Friday we also tried the nettle beer and it was pretty horrible. Well Phillipa kinda liked it, but she likes to drink hippie teas. We are leaving it another week to see if it matures.

No comments:

Post a Comment